The excellence of University of St. Thomas’ programs continue to hinge on one-to-one engagement between faculty and students and the academic leadership of our faculty. Our students are well prepared to go out into the world to take their place as leaders of faith and character. We will continue to grow, to promote academic excellence, and to enhance our service to our community until we take our place among the best universities in the world.
Life After UST
The success of our graduates can be measured in percentages in recent years:
- 81% of pre-med applicants are granted a medical school admissions interview.
- 80% of UST pre-law students who apply to law school gain admission.
- 85% of pre-dental applicants are granted a dental school admissions interview.
- 100% of UST cooperative engineering students enter into engineering programs at Notre Dame, University of Houston and Texas A&M.
- Nine out of ten education students accepted a full-time teaching position between the end of student teaching and the end of the summer after graduation.
They are admitted into some of the best known colleges and universities for graduate school, including UT Medical School, Baylor College of Medicine, Georgetown University, Catholic University, Boston College, Thunderbird (The Garwin School of International Management), Mayo Clinic Medical School, Notre Dame University, Rice University, UT-Austin Law School, Yale, Harvard and South Texas College of Law.
In addition, our graduates launch their careers at prominent corporations and organizations such as Texas Heart Institute, PricewaterhouseCoopers, ExxonMobil, the U.S. House of Representatives, and Pfizer, just to name a few.