Incoming exchange program requirements from sister university exchange programs are managed by the UST Study Abroad Office and counterparts at partner universities. The Study Abroad Offices at both institutions must handle all inquiries and applications.
Deadlines to apply for admissions:
- Fall Semester — April 1
- Spring Semester — October 15
You may fax your application to 713-525-3872. Original documents can then be mailed.
You must mail all original documents to:
The University of St. Thomas
Attn: Diana Speaks
3800 Montrose Boulevard
Houston, TX 77006
Please do not apply online.
Please email all of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to placing in the post.
- Complete and submit the UST Undergraduate Application (Please DO NOT apply online).
- Apply for Housing by submitting the Housing Application and contract (you will be sent a contract after you fill out the application and send in proof of immunizations).
- A $300 housing deposit is required.
- Must be 25 or under to live on campus.
- Please note exchange students must move out by 10:00 am the day after the last final exam date.
- Review the required International Student Forms (including J-1 visas)
- ALL IMMUNIZATIONS ARE REQUIRED
- Have your university send an official copy of your transcript for advising to the Study Abroad Office
- Send an official copy of the TOEFL (for non-English partner universities) or ILETS. UST TOEFL CODE is 6880.
- TOEFL-ibt (internet-based) minimum=79
- TOEFL-pbt (paper-based) minimum=550
- IELTS minimum=6.5
- Completion of ELS Center level 112
- SAT combined reading and math minimum=1070
- ACT composite score minimum=23
- SEVIS fee is paid when applying for the J-1 visas (student must pay this when applying for visa).
- Send two (2) photos (passport size).
- Send a copy of your passport.
- Provide proof for the health insurance requirement.
- Students must advise the Study Abroad Office of flight information including: airline, date, flight number and arrival time.
- Airport and transportation to UST:
- The study abroad office will make every effort to pick you up at the airport if you arrive on the move in date specified below. If you are unable to arrive on that date, airport and transportation to UST can be attained– Taxi approximately $50.00. There is also a SuperShuttle that can be arranged prior to arrival at supershuttle.com and costs approximately $30.00.
- Dorm Location (all students check in here): 1303 Sul Ross, Houston, TX, 77006
- Study Abroad office: 4121 Yoakum, Houston, Texas, 77006
- Main Address for UST: 3800 Montrose Blvd. Houston, Texas, 77006
International Student Services
Please visit International Student Services for more detailed information.
Lily Swan, UST’s International Student Advisor
The Residence Hall will open for new exchange students in August. Please check back here or follow up with the Study Abroad Office for the exact date. Your UST student ID card will be issued upon arrival.
2014-2015 Academic Calendar
*Please check with Diana Speaks for the exact dates.
||New exchange students can move in
||Exchange Student Breakfast 9:00 AM
||First day of classes
||Fall Break – No classes
||Thanksgiving Break – No classes
||Last Day of Classes
|December 9, 11-15, 17
||New exchange students can move in
||First Day of Class
|April 2-4, 2015
||Spring Classes End
|May 4 & 8
||Spring Study Day
|May 5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12, 13
||Spring Final Exams
||Spring Dorm Move out
**Please note exchange students must move out by 10:00 am the day after the last final exam date. Housing will be closed to all students. Should exchange students wish to stay in Houston, you must be prepared to stay with friends or at another location.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Diana Speaks at email@example.com or 713-525-3530. Before you arrive, please take a look at the Visit Houston, Our Neighborhood and Campus Traditions pages.