The Office of Sponsored Research (OSR) was created in August 2008 to serve the needs of faculty, staff and administrators at the University of St. Thomas by providing greater institutional support for building the grant-seeking capacity of faculty and staff members.
The OSR provides pre- and post-award functions for the University. Responsibilities of the OSR include but are not limited to:
- Writing, reviewing and approving proposals to assure they comply with the funder and UST guidelines
- Reviewing and revising proposed program budgets for accuracy and consistency
- Coordinating grant submissions
- Disseminating funding information to UST faculty and administration
- Working with VPAA and VPIA to develop and implement research policies and procedures
- Collecting all of the supporting information, budgets, budget justifications and letters of support for projects
- Submitting grants to funding sources
- Conducting technical training for all interested UST faculty and administrators on grant development and proposal submission
Current Major Grants
- U.S. Department of Education Title V Program – Nursing Program Development 2010 – 2015, $3,249,795
- U.S. Department of Education PPOHA Program – Graduate School of Education 2009 – 2014, $2,870,974
- U.S. Department of Education Emergency Management for Higher Education 2010 – 2012, $245,694
- U.S. Department of Education HSI STEM Articulation Grant 2011 – 2016, $5,998,102
- National Science Foundation S-STEM Scholars 2010 – 2015, $575,000
- U.S. Department of Education OSEP PSEL Program 2013 – 2018, $1,250,000
Faculty and Staff Portal
Faculty and Staff must apply for grants through the Office of Sponsored Research, including sub-awards and collaborative projects.
Access the portal at myStThom for the following items:
- Intent to Apply for Funding Releases to be completed by PI, Dean and VPAA
- Institutional information such as DUNS
- Grants.gov, NSF Fastlane and NIH Background Documentation
- Funding resources
- Funded grant library
- Training for grant seekers
External parties and other collaborative institutions should contact the Office of Sponsored Research prior to creation of the proposal.
The OSR requires a copy of your proposal with budget, budget justification and abstract prior to approving any partnerships and collaborative grants.
Ginni Whitten, Director
Office of Sponsored Research
3800 Montrose Boulevard
Houston, TX 77006