Tokyo is the capital of Japan and the largest metropolitan area in the world. With Mount Fuji in the background, Tokyo is famous for the Imperial Palace and annual cherry blossoms. Kamanari-mon Gate attracts visitors to the Senso-ji Temple and the area’s restaurants and shops. The Tokyo Tower and the city’s myriad lights create glittering nighttime scenery.
Chuo University was founded as Igirisu Horitsu Gakko (the English Law School) in 1885. Tama Campus, located in the Tama Hills Natural Park in the city of Hachioji, Tokyo, is home to five faculties: law, economics, commerce, letters, and policy studies.
The practical education offered at Chuo University is more than just acquiring knowledge that is useful in society. The aim of this education is to sincerely and seriously address major issues that affect humankind and nurture the abilities needed to make a better society.
Your application and the following items must be submitted to the Study Abroad Office located in Tiller Hall.
- 4 passport photos
- Copy of passport
- Proof of medical insurance
- Official academic transcript
- Statement of Support
- Course Equivalency Form
To be filled out and signed by Department chairs
- Chuo Fact Sheet
- For admission in April, the deadline is October 31
- For admission in September, the deadline is April 30
- Please note — With late applications, students risk having insufficient time to obtain student visas and other authorizations. Processing time at embassies can take up to three months.