|UST Alumni Association Student Award|
The University of St. Thomas Alumni Association Award assists sophomores or juniors who possess the scholastic merit and willingness to continue their education but have encountered substantial financial difficulty completing their degree.
- Financial need.
- Candidates must have a minimum 2.5 GPA, including fall semester of current school year.
- Candidates must be full-time UST students, taking 12 or more credit hours.
- Candidates must submit a letter of reference from a faculty member. Faculty members may give the reference letter directly to the student or submit it directly to the office of Alumni Relations.
- Candidates must write a one-page essay (see requirements below).
- Candidates must include an award letter from Financial Aid, if applicable.
Here is a printable copy of the scholarship criteria.
Candidates must submit an Alumni Association Award application form, an award letter from Financial Aid, if applicable, and attach the essay referenced, to the Office of Alumni Relations. Please email Hank Emery- Director of Alumni Relations for deadline information. You can download and print a copy of your financial aid award letter from your myStThom account.
In addition, applicants must submit an essay typed in Times New Roman, 12 point, black font, single spaced, that answers the following questions (please be specific in answering each one):
- How has your St. Thomas experience enhanced your life?
- What do you think you received from your St. Thomas education that you couldn't have received elsewhere?
- If you don’t receive this scholarship, how will you finance next year?
- How do you plan to stay a part of the University of St. Thomas family after graduation?
The Nominations Committee of the Alumni Association Board of Directors will review the applications, interview the finalists and make recommendations to the full Alumni Board. The Alumni Board of Directors will then select candidates in coordination with the University of St. Thomas Scholarship Committee. Final selections will be made in May of each year.
The Alumni Association Board of Directors will inform the successful candidates of the results and will present the award to the recipients.
For additional information, please contact Monica Clem, assitant director, annual and constituent relations at 713-525-3111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.