|Ann Q. Tiller Scholarship|
The Ann Quiggins Tiller Memorial Endowed Scholarship in International Studies was established in 1993 in the name of the founding director of the Center, Dr. Ann Q. Tiller. Dr. Tiller pioneered the study and promotion of international studies in Houston by developing the city’s first degree program in this discipline.
The purpose of this endowment is to acknowledge and reward outstanding majors who understand that the “realities of today’s global issues demand that students should acquire some sensitivity to the existence, diversity and dynamic interrelationship of the many cultures in our world society.”
For 2013-14, the scholarship award is approximately $3,500.00.
The eligibility requirements are:
1. International Studies or International Development major.
2. Enrolled as a full-time student with minimum 60 credit hours.
3. Have been matriculated to UST for at least one academic semester.
4. In good academic standing with a total and major GPA of 3.5.
5. Preference will be granted to students with demonstrable contributions to the life of the Center
6. If you are a recipient of a UST Scholarship of 50% or greater, you are not eligible for this scholarship.
To apply, please complete the application form, two page essay and 1 recommendation letter. The application form as specific information.
DEADLINE: April 13, 2013. You will be notified by April 25, 2013