|25 S-STEM Scholarships|
General Overview of the S2 Program
UST has been awarded an S-STEM grant from the National Science Foundation which provides funds for student support in the form of scholarships to students majoring in a STEM discipline*
- environmental science
- cooperative engineering program
* Students interested in any pre-health field are not eligible.
- Approximately 25 scholarships with an average award amount of $4,000 will be given to talented students each year over the 5-year funding period. This award will not impact previously awarded scholarships, but may alter the qualifying amount for student loans.
- Scholarship recipients will be evaluated each semester for eligibility. All students must maintain a 3.0 GPA and remain a STEM major or be enrolled in required STEM courses. Any change in GPA or major status will result in the loss of the STEM scholarship.
- We encourage women, under-represented populations and students with disabilities to apply. Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
How to Apply for a S-STEM Scholarship
- Download Application
- View Scholarship Selection Criteria
- Have two letters of recommendation from instructors sent to email@example.com. At least one letter must be from a science or mathematics instructor.
- Provide a personal statement commenting on your career goals, education plan and the reason you are majoring in a STEM discipline, maximum length is 400 words.
- Fill out the FAFSA form (fafsa.ed.gov).
- All application materials due by June 1.