Students meeting or exceeding these recommendations will receive assured admission. All others will be reviewed through the regular admissions committee, which meets on a regular basis.
General Admission Recommendations
- Graduation from an accredited high school or successful completion of the GED.
- Cumulative high school grade point average of 2.8 (on a 4.0 scale)
- SAT: Math and Critical Reading scores must equal a minimum of 1070.
- ACT: composite score of 23 or higher, with a minimum score of 19 on each Math and English.
Regular Admissions Committee Review
The University of St. Thomas Admissions Committee may review all non-assured admissions candidates. In reviewing a student’s file, the committee may consider the following:
- Leadership or distinction in extracurricular activities
- Meaningful community involvement
- Attended a Catholic High school or is active in their church parish
- Work experience
- Unusual personal circumstances.
Students are welcome to submit any additional material that would strengthen their application.