|Frequently Asked Questions|
What do I do if have a problem with my key card?
- Lost/Broken ID Card
- During business hours (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm) come to the Office of Residence Life so that you can get a Verification Form. You will need to take this form Student Affairs Office in Upstairs Crooker in order to get a new card. Bring the new card to the Office of Residence Life to be reprogrammed. After hours, call the RA On-Call and a temporary card may be provided until the next day.
- Card Stopped Working
- During business hours, come to the Office of Residence Life first and if your card is deemed defective, the office will give you a Verification Form that you can take to the Student Affairs Office to get a new card.
Where do I find out about events going on in the Residence Hall?
Where can I go if I am sick or injured?
- The University has a partnership with UT Health Services to provide students with medical care. You can stop by the Office or Residence Life to pick up a pamphlet or contact The Coordinator of Health Promotion and Wellness for additional information
- If it is an emergency, please call the Office of Residence Life during office hours, the RA On-Call after office hours, or 911.
What do I do if I have a maintenance issue?
Do I have to fill out a new parking form each semester?
- Yes, you will need to fill out the Student Permit Application at the beginning of each semester and turn it in directly to Security office. If you get a new ID card during the semester you will need to update your card information in the Security Office.
Who can I talk to if I am having an issue with my roommate?
- The first person we encourage you to speak with is your roommate. Take a look at our Roommate page for advice on the importance of roommate communication. If you find you are unsuccessful with your communication efforts, our entire Residence Life Staff is available to help you with any issues you may be having. Feel free to contact the AC, RA, or SA on your hall to help you with whatever you need.
Who can I talk to about money I lost in the vending machine?
How do I get an overnight pass?
- You must ask your AC/RA for a pass at least 24-hours in advance and it must be signed by your roommate to be approved. You should carry it with you at all times until your guest leaves.
Do I have to apply for housing again?
- No, you do not have to apply again, but you do have to visit the Office of Residence Life and sign a new contract during the Priority Recontrating Process. We are excited to welcome you back home!