· Make an appointment to checkout with your Resident Assistant at least 24 hours in advance of your departure.
· In order to complete final room inspections, the residence hall will close at 10 a.m. on the day following the last scheduled university final. All students must have removed all belongings and have completed an appointment with their Resident Assistant. (BEFORE 10:00 a.m.)
· Please remove all personal belongings including items you no longer want (carpets, furniture from home, trash, etc.) and take it to the trash room. Do not leave unwanted items in hallways, stairwells, bathrooms, study rooms, lawn areas, etc.
· Please sweep your room (including closet floor), clean out closets and drawers, and remove all decals, posters, tape, decorations, etc. from the windows, walls, floors, etc.
· Bathrooms must be cleaned by the residents
· Please return all beds and room furniture to their original positions and heights. Please do not leave beds bunked.
· Micro fridge unit must be cleaned, unplugged, open, and free of debris. (We highly encourage residents to start the microfridge defrosting process at least 24 hours before you leave the residence hall).
· When leaving, shut the curtains, turn off all lights and lock your door patio/ balcony door. This will prevent furniture in your room from disappearing when final hall inspections take place.
· Walk through the room with your RA and sign the Room Condition Form for your room. Write in date and time you checked out. (Your Resident Assistant will bring this with him or her when they check you out).
· Please secure an Express Checkout form from your Resident Assistant, Residence Life Office, or the Guinan Front Desk.
· Follow steps 2-8 of the previously mentioned process.
· Sign the Express Check-Out envelope, and return it to the Office of Residence Life or your Resident Assistant.
By choosing Express Check-Out, you are waiving your right to contest damages and cleaning charges. Therefore, we strongly recommend you follow the traditional checkout method. Please note: During the end of the spring and summer semesters, express checkouts may be the only option for residents due to graduation ceremonies and Residence Life training.
It is important you follow the instructions above. We do not want to charge students for failing to take responsibility in properly checking out and/or moving. However, due to time constraints, we have no choice but to assess clean up and damage charges for students who fail to check out and/or move properly.