The Residence Council is the student governing board. Every resident on campus is an automatic member of the council, and all are encouraged to participate. ResCouncil allows every resident to use their voice and ideas to make sure the residence hall community is supporting the University’s mission of goodness, discipline and knowledge.
Take a look at some examples of how ResCouncil has improved our students’ quality of living over the years:
- Free parking for all on-campus residents
- More vegetarian and special dietary options in our dining facilities
- Increased lighting around residence halls maintaining a safer living environment
- Creation and operation of a nightly after-hours concession stand
2013-2014 Residence Council Board
Executive Council Members
Kaitlyn Barreda-Pinkenon, President
Sera Grace Combi, Executive Vice President
Amanda Rodriguez, Vice President of Public Relations
Francisco Eduardo Jimenez Pacheco, Vice President of Finance
All 348 Guinan and Young Hall Residents
Josh Hawkins, Area Resident Assistant
Marquis T. Gatewood, Director of Residence Life and Conference Housing
The University of St. Thomas Residence Life Judicial Board serves to maintain an environment for learning and personal growth. Composed of peers, the Judicial Board upholds the policies of the residence halls and provides a just and fair judicial process for all residents. Every resident documented in an incident report is given the opportunity to let their voice be heard during the judicial process.
2013-2014 Judicial Board
Peer Board Members
Amber Ali, Area Resident Assistant
What must I do if I am summoned to a judicial hearing?
- First, do not panic! The judicial process is educational and is an opportunity to explain to your peers why you may have been involved in a policy violation.
- Pay attention to all dates and locations of hearings.
- Bring your UST student handbook to the hearing.
- Show up! This is an important opportunity to tell us what happened and allow your voice to be heard as we uphold the Basilian Fathers’ values of goodness, discipline and knowledge.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org