|GSA Mission Statement
The mission of The Graduate Student Association (GSA) is to represent and support the interests of the University's current and future graduate student community by supporting scholarly activities and providing leadership, service and social opportunities for its members. The GSA exists to enrich the experience of the University's graduate students and interested undergraduate students. The GSA accomplishes these objectives by responding to the changing collective needs of our primary constituents. The GSA is designed to serve all UST students.
Objectives of GSA
We aim to meet the following objectives:
- Support the University's Catholic mission and vision.
- Promote a community among graduate students and their families.
- Promote community with the rest of the university including the undergraduate students.
- Furnish accessible, reliable and valuable information, services and programs to current and prospective graduate students.
- Establish an influential network to aid in the professional development of students and alumni.
- Partner with corporations to increase awareness of UST graduates and promote GSA activities that are consistent with the GSA mission.
- Partner with charitable organizations to promote the GSA and the University's Catholic mission and vision.
- Identification and recruitment of professional academic certifications and programs such as CMA, CFP, CPA, LPC, etc. onto the UST campus.
GSA is composed of three components: the Graduate Senate, the Graduate Programming Board, and the Graduate Clubs System.
The Graduate Senate oversees the other components and represents graduate student concerns to the university. The Graduate Programming Board runs the flagship graduate social events. It also hosts events targeted at different graduate schools such as a business networking night. The Graduate Clubs System oversees individual graduate clubs and welcomes the creation of new ones.