Art History may be taken as one of the components in the Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts and in the Bachelor of Arts in General Studies. It may be either a primary or a secondary area of concentration within these degrees.
30 credit hours are required as follows:
- 15 upper division hours in a primary concentration
- 9 upper division hours in a secondary concentration
- 6 additional (upper or lower) division hours in either concentration
Undergraduate students wishing to prepare themselves for admission to an M.A. in the history of art at another institution are advised to choose as options additional art history courses and cognate subjects in the humanities and social sciences beyond those in the core requirements. Further, they should develop reading ability in foreign languages for graduate level research purposes.
Art History may be taken as a minor with any major program.
- 18 credit hours in Art History are required.
- At least 3 courses (9 credit hours) must
be at the 3000/4000 level.
Art History may be taken to meet the 3-hour Fine Arts undergraduate core requirements.
On the graduate level, Art History is offered in the Master in Liberal Arts program and may be chosen as a concentration within that degree.