Students enrolled in the general studies major must complete the following:
- All core curriculum and general degree requirements of the University;
- At least 30 credit hours in two disciplines distributed as follows:
- at least 15 upper-division credit hours (plus all department prerequisites) in a primary discipline of concentration;
- at least 9 upper-division credit hours (plus all departmental prerequisites) in a secondary discipline;
- Six of the 30 credit hours for the major may be at the lower-division level
The credit hours for the major may be brought in as transfer hours or completed at the University of St. Thomas.
The coordinator will serve as the student’s advisor or assign the student an academic advisor, typically in the primary discipline.