Dr. Mirela Oliva Assistant Professor
Center for Thomistic Studies
Areas of Expertise
- Doctor of Philosophy - Philosophy (PHD) - Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg, Germany
- The concept of sensus in medieval philosophy (2013)
- "Hermeneutics and the Illusion of Translation"
Hermeneutik der Übersetzung, ed. L. Cercel
Günter Narr (2012)
- "Gadamer and Cusanus on Creation"
- "Das innere Verbum in Gadamers Hermeneutik"
Mohr Siebeck, Tubingen (2009)
- "Paul Ricoeur, Tradurre l'intraducibile. Sulla traduzione"
Urbaniana University Press (2009)
- "The Challenge of the Thomistic 'sensus communis': A Hermeneutic View"
Proceedings of the Conference of the Pontifical Academy of St Thomas, Houston, October 2013
- "Hermeneutics and Thomism"
Internationales Jahrbuch für Hermeneutik
Mohr Siebeck (1900)
- "Phenomenology and Hermeneutics"
Research in Phenomenology
- "Paul Ricoeur's Hermeneutics of Creation"
Revue Roumaine de Philosophie
Academia Româna (1900)
- "The Enchantment of Hermeneutics"
Ermeneutica veritativa. Festschrift per Gaspare Mura
Urbaniana University Press (1900)
- "The Meaning of History in Maritain" (2014)
Annual Meeting of the American Maritain Association
- "Meaning and Multiculturalism" (2014)
Academy of Human and Social Sciences
- "Meaning in Taoism and Hermeneutics" (2014)
Annual Meeting of the North Texas Philosophical Association
- "The Thomistic Challenge of Sensus Communis: A Hermeneutic Perspective" (2013)
Pontifical Academy of St Thomas Conference
- "Sense and Reference in Ricoeur and Frege" (2013)
Cologne University of Applied Sciences
- "Trinity and Difference: Heidegger and Gadamer on Aquinas" (2013)
International Conference in Medieval Studies
- "Gadamer and Cusanus on Creation"University of St Thomas
- "Why Do We Speak? Divine and Human Word"Suffolk University
- "Beauty in Gadamer and Aquinas"American Catholic Philosophical Association
- "Events and Divine Action"Houston Baptist University
- "Meaning and Religion in Gadamer and Pannenberg"North American Society for Hermeneutics
- "Ricoeur's Hermeneutics of Creation"Society for Phenomenology and Existential Philosophy
- "The All-Inclusiveness of Meaning in Ricoeur"Society for Ricoeur Studies
- "The Inner Word in Aquinas and Contemporary Hermeneutics"University of St Thomas
- "The Metaphysics of Language in Gadamer and Cusanus"Reuniones Filosoficas: Metaphysics of the Logos