Mr. Richard Sindelar Assistant Professor
Center for International Studies
Richard Sindelar is an assistant professor with courses focusing on American foreign policy, international security, international law and global trade. Sindelar received his law degree from the Georgetown University Law Center and served more than 22 years as a diplomatic officer with the U.S. Department of State Foreign Service. Also, Sindelar has periodically appeared as a TV/radio analyst on international issues on Channel 26 Fox News, Channels 11, 13 and 2, and KTRH Radio. He can speak on various Middle East, political and security topics.
Areas of Expertise
Foreign Policy, Legal and Citizenship Issues, International Security, Immigration, Foreign Service
- Juris Doctor - GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY (1983)
- Bachelor of Science - Foreign Service - GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY
- "Rookie Mistakes Brought Us to Mideast Precipice"
- "“The Evolution of Legal Precedent in Treaty Investor Visa Cases,”"
Immigration Options for Investors and Entrepreneurs
- "Chimera, NSEERS, Lookouts, and Security Checks: The New Age"
Bender's Immigration Bulletin
Matthew Bender, Inc. (1900)
- "Crosscurrents in the Gulf: Arab, Regional and Global Interests"
Routledge, London (1900)
- "Can the Coptic Church Cohabitate with the Muslim Brotherhood in the New Egypt?"
Southwestern Journal of International Studies
(1900) Vol. 5 Page 44-66
- "El TLCAN y la seguridad familiar (NAFTA & Family Safety)"
El Norte Neswpaper
Article on NAFTA options for Mexicans to Re-locate to the U.S.
- "Protesters’ Tenacity to Decide the Future in Iran,"
- "Syria/Lebanon Example Offers Alternative for Iraq"
Des Moines Register
Special to the Register
- ""Arab Spring or Arab Summer"" (2012)
- "“Crisis Briefings: the Arab Spring, Senkaku Islands, and the Eurozone Crisis" (2012)
- "“The Case of the Arab Spring,”" (2012)
Crossroads Cultural Center
- "“Uprisings in the Middle East”" (2011)
Univeristy of Houston
- "“The Arab Spring in Egypt and Tunisia,”" (2011)
International Studies Society
- "“The Arab-Israeli Dispute”" (2011)
Latina Voices: Smart Talk Program
PBS Discussion Show
- "“The Axis of Evil 5 Years Later: Inside Iran, Iraq, and North Korea,”" (2007)
Houston World Affairs Council
- "“Crucial U.S. Foreign Policy Issues”" (2003)
Kiwanis Club of Lufkin