Dr. John Simms Associate Professor
Dr. John Simms teaches financial accounting and managerial accounting.
His areas of research include managerial accounting, performance evaluation, budgeting and control, corporate governance, ethics, financial accounting and reporting, financial analyst behavior.
Areas of Expertise
Accounting Convergence, Cultural Imperialism, Accounting Conflicts
- Doctor of Philosophy - Business Administration-ACCT - University of Houston (2006)
- Master of Science - Accounting - University of Houston (1999)
- Bachelor of Arts - Radio and Television - University of Houston (1997)
- "The ABC’s for the (Very) Small Business"
- "Common Sense as Corporate Culture"
Journal of Business Case Studies
- "Legal and Ethical Implications of the Foreign Outsourcing of Tax Return Preparation"
International Business and Economics Research Journal