Dr. William Harris
Environmental Science & Studies
Dr. William Harris Jr. has research efforts in geographic information systems in higher education, urban watersheds, ecological park design and the urban environment. He can speak on human and earth environment, coastal ecology, paleontology, geology, and oceanic and atmospheric science.
Areas of Expertise
Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Environment, Ecology, Geology
- Doctor of Philosophy - Geology (1987)
- Master of Science - Geology (1982)
- Bachelor of Science - Geology (1980)
- Japhet Creek Linear Park Master Plan (2000)
- GIS (1994)
- "A Model for Infusing GIS in the K-12 Curriculum"
- "Cross-Curricular Course in the Application of GIS"
- "GIS as a Theme or “Glue” in a Department"
- "GIS in the University: Computer Science, Cartography/Geography or Useful Tool?"
- "Teaching Redistricting During a Census Rollout"
- "Using GIS as a Bridge"
- "Whistling Past Dixie? Redistricting, Ideology, and the 2012 Two Party System in the South"