Dr. Michele Simms
Management & Marketing
Dr. Michele Simms is Professor of Management and Director, Initiative for University Excellence. Her research areas include ethics, business-public health partnerships, sustainability, and scholarship of teaching and learning. She can speak on ethics in higher education, corporate social responsibility and spirituality in the workplace.
Areas of Expertise
Ethics in Higher Education, Corporate Social Responsibility, Spirituality in the Workplace, Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, Business Ethics
- Doctor of Philosophy - Speech Communication - WAYNE STATE UNIVERSITY (1991)
- Master of Arts - Telecommunication - MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY (1986)
- Bachelor of Arts - Communication - UNIV MICHIGAN ANN ARBOR* (1984)
- Associate of Arts - Respiratory Therapy - WASHTENAW COMMUNITY COLLEGE (1978)
- Joining Business and Liberal Arts Education
- Trends in Corporate Social Responsibility
- "Approaching Assessment from a Learning Perspective: Elevating Assessment beyond Technique"
Educational Assessment, Evaluation and Accountability
(2014) Vol. 26 Page 95-104
- "The Noble Profession of Business: Cultivating Responsible Practice"
- "Emerging Trends and Ethics in Corporate Social Responsibility"
Common Ground Publishing (2013)
- "Civic Engagement at the University of St. Thomas: A Model for Urban Liberal Arts Universities"
Texas Association of Teacher Educator's Forum
(2010) Vol. 35 Page 88-100
- "Raising the Bar for All Learners: Creating Significant Learning Environments"
Southwestern Business Administration Journal
(2010) Vol. 10 Page 1-16
- "Insights from a Management Prophet: Mary Parker Follett and Social Entrepreneurship"
Business & Society
(2009) Vol. 114 Page 349-363
- "Creating Sustainable Futures through Business-Public Health Partnerships" (2012)
Designing Future Health Partnerships
- "Elevating Assessment beyond Technique" (2012)
- "The Noble Profession of Business: Cultivating Responsible Practice" (2011)
13th International Conference on Ethics Across the Curriculum
- "Beyond Skill Building in Faculty Development" (2010)
POD Annual Conference
- "Creating Significant Learning Environments in an MBA Management Ethics Course" (2009)
Southwestern Business Administration Teaching Conference
- "Scholarship of Teaching and Learning: Research Potential and Partnerships" (2009)
Brown Bag Lecture Series
- "Reflections on Future Trends in Corporate Governance" (2009)
Corporate Governance: New Theories, Trends and Evidence