|Attention Students: Do You Need Material from Another Library?|
You have several options:
- Request item through Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad)
- Use TexShare Card to borrow from other Texas Libraries
- Use Rice Reciprocal Borrowing program
But before you do anything, please check the Doherty Library Journal, the Library catalog and consult Google Scholar for availability.
Interlibrary Loan Regular Service
Eligibility & Procedures for Interlibrary Loan
- You must be a current student, faculty, or staff member
- You must register at the circulation desk
- You cannot request an item that is owned by, or accessible at, Doherty Library
- Items generally take 7-14 days to arrive and can be picked up at the Circulation Desk
- You will be notified by email when your requested item is available
- This is a free service; however, some libraries outside of Texas may charge a fee for use of their materials. Users must authorize in advance any cost that may be incurred.
- You will be notified by the Interlibrary Loan department whenever the item(s) you have requested arrive at Doherty Library. Failure to pick up your interlibrary loans within ten days of notification will result in a $5.00 per item fee.
- The lending library may charge you overdue fines, if the loaned material is not returned by the due date.
- If your fines accrue to $10 or more, your library privileges, including interlibrary loan, will be suspended until the fines are paid.
You may obtain a new Texshare Card at the start of the Academic Year at Doherty Circulation Desk or through this link: http://libguides.stthom.edu/texshare
You must return your books to the library from which you borrowed them.
Finding Aid: Search Texas Libraries
Find articles, books, ebooks, and more for all library users in Texas
Doherty Library participates in the TexShare Card program, which allows users to immediately obtain items directly from a lending library. The TexShare library card enables current UST students, faculty, and staff to borrow up to 4 books at a time from University of Houston, Houston Baptist University, and other participating Texas libraries (Rice University does not accept the TexShare Card; see the Rice Reciprocal Borrowing Program below).
To take advantage of the Rice Reciprocal Borrowing Program, you must
- Know the book you want in advance, as well as its call number. You can obtain this information by searching Rice University's Fondren Library online catalog. Ask the Reference Librarian, if you need help.
- As long as your account is up to date and you do not have any late fees or overdue books, you can go to: Request a Book from Fondren Library.
- You may borrow up to 4 books at a time for 12 weeks, no renewals.
Please keep in mind that Rice overdue fines are a $1 per item per day, so be sure to return your materials to UST by the due date given.
- Please make use of this privilege when UST classes are in session. Rice University does not honor requests when there are no regular UST classes.
Father Hosko, Interlibrary Loan Coordinator
The Rice Reciprocal Borrowing Program
Finding Aid: Rice’s Fondren Library Catalog
Doherty Library has a reciprocal borrowing program with Rice University, which allows UST students, faculty, and staff to immediately obtain items directly from Fondren Library at Rice University.