The Archives are located in 1305 Branard Street, Houston, TX 77006, just west of Graustark, on the campus of the University of St. Thomas, Houston, Texas.
View campus map of UST
Note building #26, the Moran Center Parking Garage with an entrance on Graustark and building #7, Siena House, where the archives are located. The University does charge for parking.
Access is by appointment between the hours of 9:00 am and 4:00 pm Monday – Friday. To schedule an appointment or request information, call 713-525-3895, or email email@example.com.
Researchers are welcomed to explore the Archives with an understanding of the following:
- Registration and UST or government issued identification must be provided.
- Personal brief cases, papers, phones (ringers silenced or turned off), laptop computers are allowed.
- Only pencils are to be used.
- No smoking, drinking, or eating is allowed.
- All archival materials must be handled carefully: one folder at a time, keeping all papers in the original order. No materials may leave the archives. Photocopies can be made available.*
- Gloves must be worn when handling photographs.
- For documents contained in private papers, access is at the discretion of the Archivist.
- Researchers are responsible for obtaining copyright permission to publish, reproduce, or distribute any archival material.
- When publishing material from the University archives, credit is to be given to the ‘University of St. Thomas Archives.’
*PHOTOCOPYING: Unless restricted or protected by copyright conditions, photocopies of materials will be supplied for a minimum charge. Copies can be mailed for a minimum charge for shipping and handling. Cash, checks, or money orders are accepted for payment.
The University Archives reserves the right to refuse reproduction of any materials.