Come into the library to create an account or update your account for current semester.
Need Your Books For More Time?
Did you know that you can keep them longer without getting late charges? Did you know that there are several ways to renew your books without leaving the comfort of your own home?
- Make sure your library account is updated for the current semester
- Prior to the due date stamped in the back of your book, renew library items from home one of 3 ways:
- Call us at 713.525.2180; or
- Email us at email@example.com; or
- Go to your library account online and renew using the 14-digit barcode on the back of your UST ID
You can renew your books up to 3 times per semester as long as:
- The item has not been requested by someone else and
- You don’t have more than $10 in late fees and
- All funds are paid in full.
What’s a “Hold Request”?
Unlike a bookstore or other business, the library will not hold an item for you if it’s already here and on the shelf. However, you can place hold requests on items that are not currently available such as books that are checked out, in processing, or in cataloging. As each book you’ve requested becomes available, we’ll contact you and hold the book for 3 days at the circulation desk.
As long as your library account has been updated for the current semester, and you don’t have any late fees or items checked out which are overdue, you may place a hold request. To complete a hold request on the library website, you will need the 14-digit barcode number on the back of your UST ID, TexShare card, or Friends of the Library card.
Interested in Working at the Library?
Student worker application for Circulation (pdf)
Turn in completed application to the library.
Student worker Application for Technical Services (pdf)
Email completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org