| << Return to News Features |
| 7 Faculty Members Receive Promotion, Tenure |
Seven faculty members received promotion or tenure following approval by the University of St. Thomas board of directors on April 24.
Dr. Dominic Aquila, provost, said achieving tenure or promotion is one of the great honors of academic life.
“It signals collegial appreciation and acknowledgement of one's work and efforts on behalf of students and the scholarly community,” Aquila said. “Each of our colleagues who has earned distinction in this way is a great and valued citizen of the University of St. Thomas. I offer each my enthusiastic congratulations.”
Faculty members who received tenure:
- Elizabeth Maynard, associate professor of psychology and director of clinical counseling
- Michelle Steiger, associate professor of chemistry, director of Health Profession Programs Advisory Committee, Cullen Trust for Higher Ed & Welder/Mitchell Chair.
Faculty members who received tenure and promotion to the rank of associate professor:
- James Clarage of physics, and program director of Physics
- Lawrence DiPaolo of sacred scripture, associate dean or the School of Theology
- Loan Nguyen of the Doherty Library, electronic resources librarian
Faculty members who received promotion to full professor:
- Emiliano Gonzalez of education, director of the Graduate Curriculum & Instruction Program
- Hans Stockton of international studies, director of the Center for International Studies