|Graduate Adjunct - Counselor|
Department (s): School of Education
Supervisor(s): Dr. Nora Hutto
Location: UST Campus, Malloy building
Schedule work session: Adjunct positions may be for one to three courses in an academic year. Classes could be held on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm, Sessions are seven weeks in length.
The University of St. Thomas (www.stthom.edu
), a private university committed to the liberal arts and to the religious and intellectual tradition of Catholic higher education. The School of Education, one of the schools within the University of St. Thomas, is conducting a search for adjunct positions beginning in Summer 2013. The University enrolls more than 3,700 students with its main campus located in Houston's Museum District.
Duties and responsibilities:
Growth in the graduate program has increased the need for Counselor Educator instructors to teach in university based, off-campus courses. Off-campus graduate offerings will be in the evening.
The responsibilities for an adjunct teaching assignment include the following:
- Advise students the instructor is currently teaching
- Demonstrate an ability to teach to diverse populations using traditional and online formats.
- Provide evidence of understanding the issues related to education in diverse populations in public and private school settings
- Faculty in this assignment will be evaluated on Teaching effectiveness only
- Attend orientation sessions for adjunct faculty
- Attend two faculty meetings a year on Saturday
Skill and Experience Requirements:
- Applicants must have a doctorate with a concentration in Counselor education and LPC certification is preferred from an approved CACREP certified program.
Interested applicants should send application letter addressing each of these points:
(1) Academic and work experience qualifications;
(3) Evidence of successful teaching.
(4) Unofficial transcripts of doctoral work should also be included. Official college-to-college transcripts will be required prior to the start of the teaching semester.
In addition to the letter of interest, please send a current curriculum vita that includes the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of two references.
Please send your application material via e-mail to:
Ref: Graduate Adjunct - SOE
University of St. Thomas
3800 Montrose Blvd.
Houston, TX 77006
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer