|Webmail settings for your Mobile Devices|
Below, are the settings/instructions you will need to set up Webmail on your iphone and Android OS.
- From the settings menu, click on Mail, contacts, calendars.
- Select Add account.
- ON the Add account screen, select other.
- Select Add mail account.
- ON the New account screen, please enter your account information,
- Select IMAP, and enter server information, incoming server: Mail.stthom.edu and outgoing server smtp.stthom.edu
- Select next, then it verifies your account. Your set up should be complete.
- Click on the email icon from your menu.
- Select accounts by bringing up the screen options menu.
- Bring up the screen options menu, click on add account.
- Enter email address and password, push next.
- Select IMAP
- All information should be populated. Please correct the IMAP server to mail.stthom.edu and select SSL for the security type. Select next.
- Correct the smtp server setting to smtp.stthom.edu, select next.
- Choose inbox check frequency, and select next.
- Name account.
- Select done.
Blackberries are slightly different with their set up.
- From the home screen, click on Setup (sometimes called Setup Wizard).
- Click Email Setup.
- Click Set up another email account.
- Click Other.
- Under Email address enter your email@example.com email. Under Password enter your University of St Thomas password. Click Continue.
- At this point the phone should notify you that the setup is complete. Click on Close.
- Go back into the Email Setup wizard.
- Highlight your firstname.lastname@example.org and press your Blackberry menu button (). Click Edit.
- Click Advanced Options to expand them and under Email Server change the value to mail.stthom.edu.
- Click Save at the bottom.
- At this point the Blackberry may ask you to validate the email. Reinput your University of St Thomas password and click Validate.
- The email will now appear on the home screen. Please note, the Blackberry can take up to 20 minutes before it starts receiving your new emails.
**Your phone should automatically default to a port, most phones will not ask you for one. If you are prompted, please enter port number is 587
These are suggested settings. For help with your individual mobile device / cell phone please contact your service provider or device manufacturer for additional support. **