Protect yourself from Malicious Software “Malware”!
Malware – (for “malicious software”) is software designed to infiltrate and damage a computer system without the user’s informed consent. Thus, malware includes computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and also spyware, programming that gathers information about the computer user without permission.
What should I do to defend against Malicious Software “Malware”?
- Install & update anti-virus & anti-malware programs on your devices.
- Keep your firewall turned on.
- Use strong secured passwords.
- Exercise caution when downloading files from the Internet.
- Put a malware and antivirus scanner on your mobile device (if option is available).
- Be aware of free downloadable apps and software. Always research the publisher of an app and review comments.
- Be cautious of large e-mail attachments.
- Don’t open spam e-mail messages or click links on suspicious websites.