Freshman, Sophomore or Junior Status
- Must receive permission prior to taking a course at another institution. The course of action is stated below under Approval for Transfer Credit.
- May not take courses at other institutions except under very special circumstances
- The University Residency requirement states all final 36 hours must be taken at UST
- Students must follow the steps outlined below in addition to acquiring permission from the Academic Committee. The necessary petition form is available in the Registrar’s office.
- Each graduate program has its own criteria for accepting transfer credit.
- Please check with the dean or director of your graduate program for specific information.
Approval for Transfer Credit
- Complete a Transfer of Credit Form
- Get the approval and signature of the academic advisor.
- Get the approval of the department chairman for each course. Please note that this approval is at the discretion of the chairman, and certain restrictions may apply, especially in the case of students who have already transferred credits into the University.
- Turn in the form to the Degree Auditor prior to taking the course.
- Submit a transcript with the course grade to the Registrar as soon as possible following completion of the course.
Transfer Credit Policy
- The institution must be a regionally accredited college or university.
- No course with a grade below a “C” (2.0 GPA) will be accepted for transfer.
- Transferred course work will not be calculated into the UST GPA. Although, a transfer course can be used to satisfy a university requirement, it cannot be used to replace an “F” on a UST record.
- Authorization will not normally be granted when a course is being offered at UST during the same term, or if the course is scheduled on a regular basis.