May 20, 2016 7:00 – 9:00 pm
St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church
6800 Buffalo Speedway at Holcombe Blvd
- Participants should arrive no later than 6:15 pm in academic regalia (NO hood or cap). Participants will line up outside the Church (or inside the Parish Center in case of rain).
- For questions or concerns please contact Campus Ministry at email@example.com or 713-525-3589
May 21, 2016 – 10:00 am
NRG Arena, 1 NRG Park
- Participants should arrive no later than 9:00 am. Please be prepared to deal with excessive traffic and plan accordingly.
- Full academic regalia should be worn (cap with tassel and gown that comes well below the knees). You are to bring your academic hood with you, but it should not be worn. Hoods will be carried over your left arm during the procession and you will be hooded as part of the ceremony. Academic honor cords, pins, and medals may be worn. Flowers and corsages should not be carried or worn in the academic procession.
- Upon arrival, you will be directed to the check-in table where you will be given a card with your name on it. DO NOT MISPLACE YOUR CARD. You will give your card to a reader who will announce you as you cross the stage.
- The decoration of the cap is strictly prohibited. You will be asked to purchase (at your expense) a new cap in order to continue your participation in the ceremony. The Bookstore will be on site which will allow you to purchase items that may have been damaged or lost (all forms of payment are accepted).
- You cannot carry any item with you across the stage. For your convenience we will have a “purse/other items” check-in that will be manned by volunteers. However, it will be best if you leave such items with a family member. All cell phones should be turned off during the ceremony.
- Volunteers will direct you as the ceremony progress; please follow their instructions.
- Parking at NRG Arena is $12.00 (subject to change); exact change is recommended. Participants and guests should park in the maroon lot (south Fannin lot). Easiest access is the Naomi entrance from Fannin Street.
- All guests over the age of 2 years old must have a ticket to enter the arena. Those 2 years and younger must be held in the lap of a ticket holder. Tickets are not available at the door.
- A live stream of the Commencement Ceremony will be available online for anyone who is unable to attend the event. Share the livestream link with family and friends before the event: stthom.edu/Commencement