|Printing and Copying on Campus|
If your printer is not printing
- Check the printer to make sure it is turned on.
- Check the power cable and the parallel/usb cable. Make sure they are connected to the computer and power outlet (Local printer only.)
- Check power cable and network cable to the wall are connected and the power outlet (Network printer only.)
- Make sure paper is loaded.
- Check the printer queue and remove any print job that is holding up the printer.
- Check to see if printer is out of ink.
- Restart computer and printer.
- If this does not work, call the IT Help Desk at x6900 to open a work order.
If your printer is leaving marks behind:
- If lines, smudges, or ghost images are printing, then replace the ink/toner cartridge. This is a sign of a bad or low cartridge.
- Clean up any ink/toner that has spilled in the printer.
- If this does not work call the IT Help Desk at x6900 to open a Work Order.
The University of St. Thomas has a number of Toshiba copiers from Stargel throughout the campus. Basic repairs can be done by the IT department, however mechanical repairs require calling Stargel. The University has a contract with Stargel to service, train and deliver supplies to the specified copier.
For copier repairs: Call the IT Help Desk at x6900 to open a work order. Make sure to clearly state that this is a Stargel Toshiba Copier.
To order supplies: Call the General Office and clearly state that the supplies are for the Stargel Toshiba Copiers and give them the name of the copier model. Ex. E-Studio 16, 25, 28, 45, 350, 650.
For training: Call the IT Help Desk at x6900 to open a Work Order. Make sure to clearly state that this is a Stargel Toshiba Copier and that training is requested.