|Classroom Technology & A/V Services|
The Classroom Technology & A/V Services Department primarily focuses on instructional technology support, media installation, maintenance and support for integrated "smart classrooms," presentation rooms and general student computer lab areas.
- Research, development and evaluation of classroom technology.
- Integration of computer and technology equipment in classrooms and labs.
- Maintenance of integrated technology "smart" classrooms.
- Presentation technology assistance for on-campus presentations and curriculum-based projects.
- Consultation and execution of special events and high-level technology projects.
- Classroom and auditorium demonstrations and assistance are available.
Hours of Operation and Contact Information
Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.**
(during regular semester operation; summer hours may vary)
Phone: 713-525-6966 or ext. 6966 on campus
Belief Knowledge Patience
The mission of the University of St. Thomas’s Media and Video Services is to provide dependable, professional services ranging from classroom media support and creative production services to advanced digital media communication applications. Our resources and services will assist faculty in teaching their mission to meet the challenges facing education in this knowledge-based age. We will apply professional expertise and appropriate technology to meet the goals and objectives of the UST academic community and encourage the use of our services in the University’s Mission Statement to develop leaders of faith and character.
The Media and Video Services will also help determine client needs and plans develop and provide educational media technology to support campus classroom instruction. We seek to plan, coordinate, standardize, design, implement and evaluate systems, products and services with an innovative and creative approach to enhance the classroom educational process and mission of the University of St Thomas .
- To identify user needs and plans, and to provide, coordinate, standardize and maintain media technology equipment and systems in campus facilities such as general purpose classrooms and laboratories
- To be innovative and creative in providing services and in cooperating with other campus entities to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of media, video and digital media resources to benefit faculty and students
- Assist in planning and executing events
- Collaborate in maintaining the technologies of UST
- Provide audiovisual equipment and software classroom delivery services to the college community for instruction and special events
- Support and provide videotaping and editing services for classrooms, instructional programs and special events
- Provide additional services such as duplication of non-copyright materials, faculty previewing and technical support
- Contribute an understanding of resources for faculty and staff
- Ensure technologies and resources are available for faculty, students and the UST community