Upon your acceptance to UST, you will be required to submit the following documents to OISSS.
You will need Adobe Reader to be able to read and download these forms.
Visit Undergraduate Admissions
Visit Graduate Admissions
For students already in the U.S., you must also submit:
- Copy of visa
- Copy of all I-20’s
- Copy of I-94 (front and back or electronic copy)
- SEVIS Transfer Form – All F-1 visa holders in the U.S. transferring to UST.
- Non F-1: Undergraduate – Undergraduate students who hold a visa other than F or J.
- Non F-1: Graduate – Graduate students who hold a visa other than F or J.
Forms for Current International Students:
The J-1 visa enables applicants to enter the U.S. to participate in an Exchange Visitor Program. It may be an option for trainees, students, professors, research scholars, physicians and summer students in travel/work programs. Traditional college and university students are typically on F-1 visas not J-1 visas.
The period of stay differs according to the different categories. Most work and travel programs are three to four months, and most trainee/internship programs are up to 18 months.
The following forms are required for all incoming J-1 students:
- J-1 Information Form – Required of all incoming J-1 students.
- J-1 Affidavit of Financial Support – Required of all students who will receive their monetary funds from their parents or through other sources (i.e., other relatives, U.S. sponsors or government agencies.)
- J-1 Health Insurance – Per immigration regulations, all J-1 visa holders are required to submit proof of health insurance to the OISSS upon arrival and prior to the start of their program. Failure to submit evidence of health insurance is considered to be a direct violation of your status.
University of St. Thomas
c/o Office of International Student and Scholar Services
3800 Montrose Boulevard, Box 136
Houston, TX 77006