ALUMNI ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP
of St. Thomas Alumni Association Award assists sophomores or juniors who possess the scholastic merit and willingness to continue their education but have encountered substantial financial difficulty completing their degree.
TO WHOM: Current sophomores or juniors who demonstrate a significant financial need
CRITERIA: 1) Financial need
2) Candidates must have a minimum 2.5 G.P.A, including Fall semester of current school year.
3) Candidates must be full-time UST students, taking 12 or more credit hours.
4) Candidates must submit a letter of reference from a faculty member. Faculty members may give the reference letter directly to the student or submit it to the office of Alumni Relations.
5) Candidates must write a one-page essay (See Essay requirements).
6) Candidates must include an award letter from Financial Aid, if applicable. (award letter maybe printed from your mystthom account)
TO APPLY: Candidates must submit an Alumni Association Award application form, an award letter from Financial Aid, if applicable, and attach the essay referenced in part (5) above, to the Office of Alumni Relations by March 8, 2013 at 5:00 p.m.
SELECTION: The Nominations Committee of the Alumni Association Board of Directors will review the applications, interview the finalists and make recommendations to the full Alumni Board. Final selections will be made in May.
DECISION: The Alumni Association Board of Directors will inform the successful candidates of the results and will present the award to the recipients.