|International student admission requirements|
The Office of Admissions will process all international undergraduate students. In order for your application to be considered complete the following documents must be submitted. All items should arrive at the Office of Admissions AT LEAST 30 Days prior to the first day for either the fall or spring semester. Please note that in some cases it takes longer than 30 days to receive a visa, therefore, the earlier you begin the application process, the better. If you have questions regarding the requirements listed below, do not hesitate to contact your Admission Counselor.
International Student Requirements
- Freshman: Student must have completed the equivalent of a high school diploma. Students outside the U.S. must submit official course-by-course evaluated transcript provided through World Evaluation Services, (www.wes.org). To view the WES transcript request requirements of your respective country, please visit this website: http://www.wes.org/required/index.asp.
Minimum Requirement: Freshman- 2.8 GPA (4.0 scale)
- Transfer Students: Students transferring from another U.S. college or university must submit all official transcripts from every university previously attended to the Office of Admission. More information on transfer credit is available on Transfer Course Equivalency Guide.
Students transferring outside the U.S. must submit official course-by-course evaluated transcript provided through World Evaluation Services, (www.wes.org). To view the WES transcript request requirements of your respective country, please visit this website: http://www.wes.org/required/index.asp.
Minimum Requirement Transfer: 2.5 GPA (4.0 scale)
*If you have completed less than 24 transferable credit hours – freshman admission requirements also apply
- Proof of English Proficiency
In lieu of ACT/SAT scores, official TOEFL score (or completion of Level 112 through ELS Language Center) may be submitted if first language is not English. SAT scores are strongly encouraged. UST TOEFL CODE: 6880
Minimum Requirement: TOEFL; 79- internet based; 550 – paper based; IELTS: 6.5; SAT: 1070 (Critical Reading and Math); ACT: 23 (Composite Score)
Transfer students who have completed English I & II, or 24 hours or more of transferable credit hours at a U.S.- Accredited institution are exempt from English proficiency requirement.
- F-1 students must also submit the following
- Affidavit of Financial Support form must be submitted along with a bank statement in U.S. dollars. The amount must meet the cost of attendance: $30,722.00 ( if students reside on campus); $33,034.00 (if students reside off campus.)
- Transfer Advisor Report Form: Students transferring to the University of St. Thomas from another U.S. college or University
- Copy of Passport
For more information on how to obtain your visa Status please visit the Office for International Student Services.