|Media and Video Services|
The Media Services Department’s primary services and duties are focused on instructional technology support, media installation, maintenance and support for integrated "smart classrooms," presentation rooms and general student computer lab areas.
- Research, development and evaluation of classroom technology.
- Integration of computer and technology equipment in classrooms and labs.
- Maintenance of integrated technology "smart" classrooms.
- Presentation technology assistance for on-campus presentations and curriculum-based projects.
- Consultation and execution of special events and high-level technology projects.
- Classroom and auditorium demonstrations and assistance are available.
Hours of Operation and Contact Information
Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.**
(during regular semester operation; summer hours may vary)
Phone: 713-525-6966 or ext. 6966 on campus
Instructional Technology Services (ITS)—Audio & Video Services is available for university-sanctioned events. Coverage for special classroom presentations and external events is available on a case-by-case basis. Audio & Video Services provides video recording, editing, conversion, duplication, DVD authoring and online streaming. The department also offers limited a/v support for sanctioned and approved events for the University of St. Thomas Community. For details and fees, please see our Service Request and Fees Guidelines.
- Requests are handled on a first-come, first-serve basis and are not guaranteed.
- A minimum of five working days notice is required to adequately schedule requests.
Audio & Video Services reserves the right to refuse any order it deems to be in violation of the copyright laws of the United States. Reproductions of copyrighted work will not be made unless evidence of permission to do so is presented.
Limit of Liability
Submitting any film, video tape, audio tape, CD, DVD, slide, negative, publication, art for processing, reproduction or duplication of any kind constitutes an AGREEMENT by you that any damages or loss due to negligence or other fault by Video Services will only entitle you to replacement of like amount of unexposed film, tape or disc. Except for such replacement, the acceptance by ITS Audio & Video Services of any film, video tape, audio tape, CD, DVD, slide, negative publication or art for reproduction of any kind is without other warranty or liability and recovery for any incidental or consequential damages is excluded.