|DAY OF MOVE-IN, WELCOME HOME CELTS!|
Space is still currently available for UST students. Contact us today to reserve your room!
What Should You Expect During Our Fall Semester Move-In Celebration Each Year?
The location of check-in for all on-campus residents is Guinan Hall located at 1303 Sul Ross Street. In order to assure that your check-in process will run efficiently, we would like to give you a brief overview of how your check-in day is structured:
1. Housing Forms - There are important forms that must be filled out and turned in from every student before the day of move in. Failure to complete the forms ahead of time will slow down your check in process, so we encourage you to fill them out properly and send them back to our office early.
- Delivery Release
- Medical Release
- Emergency Evacuation Form
- Student Permit Application: If you are bringing a car on campus, don't forget you recieve free garage parking as an on-campus resident. Nice perk huh?! Don't forget to turn in this form directly to the UST Security office when you arrive on campus.
2. Parking – The Moran Center (located cattycorner from the entrance of Guinan) is the campus parking garage. We ask that all residents and families immediately park in the parking garage (no cost during move in day) upon arriving on campus. Once the resident has officially completed all move-in paperwork, they will be issued a parking pass for "unloading only". Once the pass is obtained, the resident and family may remove their vehicles from the garage and unload in pre-designated areas around Guinan Hall. Upon completion of loading, all vehicles must be returned to the garage to allow other residents proper unloading spaces.
For a Campus map please click here
3. Unloading- To ensure that all residents and families have a chance to unload their luggage, you will be allowed 15 minutes in the unloading zones around Guinan Hall. Once your unloading is complete, please move your vehicle back to the Moran Parking garage.
Young Hall residents are encouraged to use the garage attached to their residence hall once they have completed their check-in paperwork in Guinan Hall.
4. Room Keys – Your UST ID will serve as the key to your room, if you are living in Guinan Hall. Please have your card ready with you when you arrive to check in. Students that have not already recieved an ID card may contact The Office of Students Affairs at 713-525-3570 to learn how to obtain one before check-in day.
If you are assigned to Young Hall, a set of hard keys will be issued to you during check-in. Young Hall students will also be given UST ID access to the Guinan Front doors only. This will allow Young Hall students to be able to sign in at the Guinan front desk and use the lobby area and computer lab.
For suggestions about what to bring and what not to bring to your room, please click here
5. Dollies – Though limited in number, we do have rented dollies available for students to check-out at the front desk. In order to check out the dolly, you or your guests would need to leave a state ID (driver’s license, military IDs, state licenses, etc.) with the front desk team member. Family members are encouraged to bring their own dollies if you prefer not to wait on loaned dollies.
6. Visitation Standards - In an effort to assist you and your family in having a successful move in, our front desk team is waiving our visitation procedures on the days of move in scheduled above. At 5pm, our visitation standards will be returned to normal and Guinan Hall front doors will lock (Note: Young Hall doors are locked 24 hours a day).
Please make sure any visitor wanting to enter our residence halls has a valid picture ID or UST ID with them in order to be escorted into our buildings and signed in properly. We take your safety very seriously here at UST and need you help in assisting us with this important process. Thanks in advance!
7. Mandatory Hall Meetings - During both move-in dates listed above, residents are required to attend a mandatory hall meeting that night as outlined in the UST Housing Contract. This is a time for residents to meet roommates, neighbors, and hall staff as we begin to understand together what it means to live in a successful community. Only residents are allowed to attend the meetings and no guests can be in the building during the mandatory meeting times.
New Residents Attending Orientation After 5pm on Orientation Move-in Day (Guinan Front Doors lock)
Residents not attending Orientation After 5pm on the Saturday before Fall classes begin (Guinan Front Doors lock)
Failure to notify the Office of Residence Life in writing within 24 hours about checking in late may result in your Housing Contract being cancelled. Please note that late check-ins will take longer due to limited staff availability and may be subject to a late check-in fee.