|Dr. John Knasas|
Department of Philosophy
Center for Thomistic Studies
- Ph.D., University of Toronto, 1975
- M.A., University of Toronto, 1972
- B.A., Boston College, 1970
- 1983-present Professor University of St. Thomas Department of Philosophy and Center for Thomistic Studies Houston, TX
- Fall, 1993 Acting Philosophy Chair and Director of Thomistic Center Graduate Program
- 1975-1983 Associate Professor Wadhams Hall Seminary-College, Ogdensburg, NY
- Thomism and Tolerance. (Scranton: University of Scranton Press, 2011), pp. 140.
- "The Unavoidability of 'Religion' in John Rawls' Arguments for Tolerance," ed. in Faute, délit, péché et culpabilité: regards croisés sur les fondements de notre éthique (Paris: Edition Cujas, 2010).
- Aquinas and the Cry of Rachel. Submitted monograph on the problem of evil.
Recent Lectures & Papers:
- "Aquinas' Intellector of Being and Dawson's Narrative of Cultural History," at the conference,
- "Thomism and Asian Cultures: Celebrating 400 Years of Dialogue across Civilizations," at the University of Santo Tomas, Manila, May, 2011.
- "The Role of Sense Realism in the Initiation of Aquinas’ Metaphysics," plenary paper at the Fordham University Medieval Center Conference, The Metaphysics of Aquinas and Its Modern Interpreters, March, 2011.
- "Fides et Ratio and the 20th Century Thomistic Revival," Ave Maria University, Houston Founders Club, March, 2010.
- "The Unavoidability of 'Religion' in John Rawls' Arguments for Tolerance," at Colloque International – Faute, délit, péché et culpabilité: regards croisés sur les fondements de notre éthique; Institut Catholique d-Etudes Superieures (ICES), La Roche sur Yon, France, January, 2010.
Undergraduate: Human Person; Ethics; Metaphysics; Epistemology; Political Philosophy; Medieval Philosophy; Modern Philosophy; Heidegger; God and Philosophy; Aquinas’ Philosophy of God in S.C.G; Contemporary British and American Philosophy.
Graduate: Aquinas’ Metaphysics; Metaphysics of Maritain; Cosmological Argument; Problem of Evil; Transcendental Thomism; 20th Century Thomistic Revival; Commentary on De Anima; Commentary on Metaphysics; Rationalists.
- Philosophy of Culture
- Problem of Evil