|Rice Borrowing Policy|
To take advantage of the Rice Reciprocal Borrowing Program, you must:
- Know the book you want in advance, as well as its call number. You can obtain this information by searching Rice University's Fondren Library online catalog.
- You may borrow up to 4 books at a time for 4 weeks.
- Please make use of this privilege when UST classes are in session. Rice University does not honor requests when there are no regular UST classes.
- We will notify you via email once the request is approved.
- Please Print out two copies of the "approved email"
- Then take your two copies of the "approved email" and your UST ID to Rice University to check out book.
- Be sure to return books to Rice by the due date given (Rice Overdue fines are $1 per item per day)
- When books are returned, have the "approved email" stamped as "Received" by Rice personnel.
- Return the email to Doherty Library within 3 days of "date returned."
- You may renew checkouts once by email to: Ms. Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms. Latner at email@example.com.
We will not approve the request if you have overdue books, late fees or your account is not current. Can you satisfy all of the above conditions?