|Rev. Jeffrey Steenson|
Professor in Patristic Studies
Carl and Lois Davis Professor in Patristic Studies, University of St. Thomas/St. Mary's Seminary, Houston, TX (2009-).
- Classes taught: Patristics, Patrology, Doctrine of God, Christology, Homiletics (seminary); Doctrine of the Trinity (undergraduate).
- Assisting priest at St. Cyril of Alexandria Church, Houston.
- Coordinate ecumenical program for the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity.
- Advisory Board, Great Adventure Bible Study.
Received into the Roman Catholic Church (Advent 2007); ordained deacon (Dec. 13, 2008) and priest (Feb. 21, 2009) under the Pastoral Provision for married Anglican clergy; incardinated in the Archdiocese of Santa Fe.
- Recipient of Louisville Institute Sabbatical Grant for Pastoral Leaders (2008).
- Sabbatical study at the Instituto Patristico Augustinianum; in residence at the Pontifical Irish College (2008-2009).
- Taught core curriculum course (THE2311 - Western Theological Tradition), in the University of Dallas Rome Program (Spring 2009).
Bishop, Episcopal Diocese of the Rio Grande, Albuquerque, NM (2004-2007); Canon to the Ordinary (2000-2004).
- Served on the Theology Committee of the House of Bishops.
- Member of the Board of Trustees, Nashotah House Seminary.
- Member and Officer of the Board of Directors, The Living Church Foundation.
- Member of the Board of Directors, The Anglican Digest.
Rector, St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church, Fort Worth, TX (1989-2000).
- Member of the Board of Directors, The Living Church Foundation.
- Officer of the Episcopal Synod of America.
- Member of the Board of Trustees, Episcopal Theological Seminary of the Southwest.
- Member of the Board of Trustees, The University of the South.
Rector, Church of the Good Shepherd, Rosemont, PA (1985-1989).
- Lecturer in Anglican Theology, The Lutheran Theological Seminary, Philadelphia.
- Member of the Steering Committee of the Evangelical and Catholic Mission.
Assistant, All Saints’ Church, Wynnewood, PA (1983-1985).
- Tutor and Adjunct in Theology, The General Theological Seminary, New York.
Doctoral Studies, University of Oxford (Christ Church) (1979-1983).
- Assistant, All Saints’ Church, Highfield, Oxford, England.
- Episcopal Church Foundation Fellow (1979-1983).
- Ordained Anglican Priest by the Bishop of Oxford in Christ Church Cathedral (June 29, 1980).
Sportswriter, The News-Sun, Waukegan, Illinois (1972-1979).
D. Phil. (Theology), University of Oxford, (1979-1983). Thesis: “Basil of Ancyra and the Reception of the Nicene Creed.”
M.Div., cum laude, Harvard Divinity School (1976-1978) (New Testament/patristics).
M.A., summa cum laude, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School (1974-1976) (church history).
B.A., cum laude (history), Trinity College (1970-1974) (history).
Birthdate: April 1, 1952. In excellent health.
Family: married to Debra Arnold in 1974; children: Kristina (34), Eric (31), John Mark (25).
Interests: Flying (private, commercial, instrument-rated, ASEL & ASES).