|Admission to the BSN Program|
Following are the criteria for admission to the UST School of Nursing BSN Program:
- Acceptance into the University of St. Thomas
- 3.0 overall college GPA, based on a 4.0 scale
- Completion of all Nursing prerequisites prior to the start of the Nursing Program
Application deadline is September 30 for the clinical nursing sequence beginning in the summer term of the following year. All prospective nursing students must attend a Nursing Admissions Advising Session to receive an application. Sessions will be announced in the spring prior to the application deadline.
First consideration will be given to those applicants who have completed coursework at the University of St. Thomas.
Please note: Admittance to UST does not guarantee admittance to the School of Nursing.
High Performing High School Seniors
High performing high school seniors interested in pursuing a nursing major will be reserved a space in the BSN program upon acceptance into UST as freshmen. Criteria for this special consideration include:
- High School overall GPA of 3.5 or higher, based on a 4.0 scale
- Combined SAT scores of 1250 /600 minimum in Math
- Grade of B (80%) or higher in each math and science course taken in high school
- Minimum of 18 college preparatory courses including:
- 4 units of English
- 3 units of social science, including one unit of history
- 3 units of mathematics (algebra, geometry, trigonometry or calculus)
- 4 units of science (at least one biology and one chemistry, at least 2 courses with lab component)
- 2 units of classical or modern language other than English
- 2 units of electives
High school students with a reserved space in the Nursing Program must maintain satisfactory completion of designated nursing prerequisite courses during their freshman and sophomore years at UST. These students will meet with a Nursing Advising Counselor once a semester to monitor their progress.
For more information regarding the BSN program, please contact the UST School of Nursing at 713-525-2163 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.