|The U.S. Department of Education awarded the Graduate School of Education at the University of St. Thomas a $2.8 million Title V Grant in 2009 to fund the Promoting Post-baccalaureate Opportunities for Hispanic Americans Program (PPOHA). The purpose of the grant is to implement programs to increase enrollment, retention and graduation rates among Hispanic and need-based graduate students.
The PPOHA grant scholarships are available for the following degree specialties:
- Educational leadership
- Special education
- Dual language instruction
How to Apply
- Apply to the University of St. Thomas School of Education – Master of Education.
- Submit the Title V PPOHA application, essay and questionnaire.
- File for FAFSA and submit a copy to the UST Online M.Ed. Title V PPOHA office.
- Verify that you are a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident.
- Submit Title V PPOHA application to:
University of St. Thomas
School of Education
c/o Patty Lyerly
3800 Montrose Boulevard
Houston, TX 77006
- Scholarships are reviewed each year and are not automatically renewable. We encourage students to apply for the scholarship every academic year.
- Qualified applicants are eligible for up to a $5,000 annual scholarship based on need and academic ability.