The 65th Commencement Ceremony will be held Saturday, May 16, 2015, at NRG Arena (formerly Reliant Arena). Students who graduated December 2014, and those who anticipate graduating May 2015 and August 2015, are invited to participate.
A live stream of the Commencement Ceremony will be available online for anyone who is unable to attend the event. Share the livestream page with family and friends in advance of graduation.
A number of special events surround commencement in the spring semester, so watch your UST email for details.
Friday, May 15
3:30 - 5:45 p.m. Graduation Reception
Crooker Patio, 3909 Graustark St.
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduates and their families can celebrate with a dessert reception hosted by the Alumni Office.
- Graduates can wear their graduation gowns and remember the day with a photo booth.
7 p.m. Baccalaureate Mass
Co-Cathedral of the Sacred Heart, 1111 St. Joseph Parkway at San Jacinto Street
No tickets required
- Graduates should meet in the Cathedral Center at San Jacinto and Jefferson Streets by 6:15 p.m. to line up and receive their UST pins. Graduates will then process together to the Co-Cathedral.
- Graduates will dress in graduation gowns, but no hoods or caps.
- Free shuttle service from St. Thomas to the Co-Cathedral, starting at 4:30 p.m. Last bus leaves at 6 p.m.
- Parking will be free in the Moran Center Parking Garage on May 15. See parking map.
Saturday, May 16
9 a.m. Graduate Check-in
NRG Arena, 1 NRG Park
Graduates are required to report to NRG Arena no later than 9 a.m. in full academic regalia Graduates should bring their academic hoods, but they should not be worn; graduates will be hooded as part of the ceremony. Graduates, check your UST email account and our website regularly for updates.
10 a.m. Commencement Ceremony
NRG Arena, 1 NRG Park
Tickets Required for Guests
Tickets are required for all guests at the Commencement Ceremony, age 2 and older. Participating graduates may pick up six (6) free tickets for friends and family to sit in NRG Arena. Children under 2 years old do not need a ticket if they are held in a parent’s lap.
Cap & Gown
To order your cap and gown, complete the appropriate form below and return to the bookstore by April 10, 2015. All questions regarding cap and gown should be directed to the UST Bookstore at 713-525-3806.
Cap & Gown Forms:
Diplomas for fall 2014 candidates are available for immediate pick-up from the Registrar’s Office during our regular business hours. If you would like a third-party to pick-up your diploma, please send authorization to Registrar@stthom.edu.
It is anticipated that diplomas for spring 2015 candidates will be available approximately mid-July. An email will be sent to you when they become available for pick-up from the Registrar’s Office.
- Last to drop with “W” - April 17, 2015
- Open Enrollment for Fall 2015 semester - April 20, 2015
- Baccalaureate Mass - May 15, 2015