Let us be the first to congratulate you on graduation! Every May this is a joyous occasion, so please follow the guidelines below to make sure you take the necessary steps towards this exciting event.
For more information, please visit myStThom.
Graduation Date: May 17, 2014
Applying for Graduation
- Submit an Intent to Graduate Form — otherwise, you cannot graduate. Find these forms at the bottom of this page.
- You may apply for graduation in December, May or August; however, only one commencement ceremony will be held, and it will be in May.
- Application Deadlines
- December graduates: September 15 (or first business day following)
- May and August graduates: February 15 (or first business day following)
- For eligibility, please see the respective catalogs and your academic advisor
A number of special events surround commencement in the spring semester, so watch your UST email for details.
All notices and reminders will be sent via UST email, so don’t forget to check yours regularly, especially if you plan to graduate soon.
Intent to Graduate Forms and Instructions
Undergraduate Students (B.A., B.S., BBA, BFA, BSN)
- Complete the Bachelors Degree Intent to Graduate Form.
- Sign the form and obtain the signatures of all academic advisors. There must be an advisor for each major (whether double major or joint major) and an advisor for any minors. Minor advisors may be department chairs.
- Obtain a copy of your degree plan from your major advisor(s).
- Submit the Intent to Graduate Form and the Degree Plan to the front counter in the Herzstein Enrollment Center.
Cameron School of Business (MBA, MSA, MSF)
- Complete the appropriate Intent to Graduate Form.
- MBA Intent to Graduate Form
- MSA Intent to Graduate Form
- MSF Intent to Graduate Form
- Submit the form to the Cameron School of Business.
- CSB will forward the form to the Registrar’s Office and will send you a copy.
School of Education (M.Ed.)
- Complete the M.Ed. Intent to Graduate Form.
- Email the form to School of Education firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The School of Education will forward the form to the Registrar’s Office.
Master in Liberal Arts (MLA)
- Complete the MLA Intent to Graduate Form.
- Submit the form to Dr. Ravi Srinivas.
- Once the MLA department signs the form, you must bring it to the Registrar’s Office.
Center of Thomistic Studies (M.A. or Ph.D.)
- Complete the CTS Intent to Graduate Form.
- Submit the form to the Center for the director’s signature.
- Once the form is signed, you must bring the form to the Registrar’s Office.
School of Theology at St. Mary’s Seminary (M.Div., M.A.)
- Complete the School of Theology Intent to Graduate Form.
- Submit the form to the Office of the Dean at St. Mary’s Seminary.
Master of Arts in Faith and Culture (MAFC)
- Complete the MAFC Intent to Graduate Form.
- Submit the form to the director of the MAFC program.
Academic regalia includes a cap with a tassel, a gown and an academic hood, appropriate for the degree earned. Regalia should be worn over dark-colored, business type clothing. Jewelry should be simple. Academic honor cords, pins and medals may be worn; flowers and corsages should not be carried or worn in the academic procession. In the processions, caps and gowns are worn, and hoods are carried over the left arm.
Gowns should come well below the knees and are different for each degree level. Bachelor gowns have standard sleeves; Master gowns have unique and oblong shaped sleeves with wrist openings. Please wear the appropriate gown.
Caps should be worn so that the mortarboard (top of the cap) is level and not tilted to the back or side of the head. The crown should be approximately one inch above the eyebrow.
Hoods change in style and size depending on the degree you are receiving. Please wear the appropriate hood. The satin lining of the hood indicates the university – red and gold chevrons for UST. The trim on the hoods reflects the degree you are receiving. Please purchase the correct hood:
- Bachelors’ degrees
- Bachelor of Arts (BA): White
- Bachelor of Arts in Education (BA): Light blue
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA): Flock drab
- Bachelor of Science (BS): Gold
- Bachelor of Pastoral Theology (BTh): Scarlet
- Masters’ degrees
- Master in Liberal Arts (MLA): White
- Master of Arts in Theological Studies (MAT): Scarlet
- Master of Arts in Pastoral Studies (MAPS): Scarlet
- Master of Arts in Philosophy (MA): Royal blue
- Master of Business Administration (MBA): Velvet drab
- Master of Divinity (MDiv): Scarlet
- Master of Education (MEd): Light blue
- Master of International Business (MIB): Velvet drab
- Master of Science in Accounting (MSA): Velvet drab
- Master of Science in Information Systems (MSIS): Velvet drab