|Master of Arts in Teaching|
The Master of Arts in Teaching at the University of St. Thomas is designed to provide initial teaching training and credentials to those interested in becoming teachers.
Options for teaching certification at the graduate level:
In order to obtain a probationary teaching certificate, the state of Texas requires all students seeking certification to pass the content test* as well as fulfill 30 hours of classroom observations. A probationary teaching certificate is required to fulfill the internship portion of the degree plan. For more information, please contact Dr. Jean Kiekel at 713-525-3553 or email@example.com.
- Option One: complete the entire program in one year by taking courses while teaching as an intern on a probationary certificate.
- Option Two: complete all courses and then teach as an intern on a probationary certificate.
*passing the content test is required before students can enroll in classes.
The UST Master of Arts in Teaching advantage
- Learn and/or enhance your teaching skills while earning an advanced degree
- Classes taught by doctoral level faculty with academic training and practical experience
- Some MAT resource areas include public school teaching certificate eligibility
Apply Now Request Information