'Magnificent 7' Pioneer Clinical Translation Degree
The first students in the University of St. Thomas Cameron School of Business Master in Clinical Translation Management come from diverse backgrounds and a variety of interests. The program bridges the gap between science and business, and supports entrepreneurship in the biomedical space. Read more
|Master in Clinical Translation Management|
Clinical translation is the process of turning basic discoveries that occur in laboratories to usable drugs, medical devices or clinical processes. This process is highly regulated and capital-intensive, and requires business expertise to achieve the desired goals.
Training in Clinical Translation Management gives students a solid understanding of the biotechnology industry, as well as the business and regulatory savviness needed to assess a product’s commercial potential and navigate the path of clinical translation. The MCTM program promotes a multidisciplinary approach to clinical translation and encourages students with an entrepreneurial spirit for technology commercialization. Specifically, the program will help students to
- Integrate the fundamental concepts of science and business, and apply that knowledge to the biotech industry
- Evaluate and act on opportunities that arise in the biotech field
- Identify and address the critical issues facing biotech organizations
A combination of coursework and practical experience will help students gain a comprehensive understanding of the clinical translation process and the associated management challenges.
Clinical translation management is a quickly growing field. Career opportunities can be found globally in many different types of organizations, including:
- Pharmaceutical and biomedical device firms such as GE HealthCare, Johnson & Johnson Innovation and Medtronic, Inc.
- Technology transfer offices at research organizations
- Life sciences management consulting firms
Collaboration with Houston Methodist Research Institute
The MCTM program was developed by UST in collaboration with Houston Methodist. Integrated into one of the nation’s finest hospitals, the Houston Methodist Research Institute provides the technology and support needed to effectively and efficiently bring cures through all stages of medical research and to patients around the world.
This ongoing relationship allows UST to offer students opportunities to observe and practice what they learn in the classroom.
- A graduate application form for Admission and Fellowships that includes a personal statement describing career goals (1 page max)
- $35 Application Fee (waived for open house attendees)
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- Work history verification from the applicant’s employee, which should state the title, dates of employment, and duties/responsibilities/accomplishments in the role.
- Official Transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) Official Scores (General Test only) *Waived if the applicant has earned a graduate degree.
- Official Proof of English Proficiency for international applicants: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) 79 ibt, The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) 6.5, or Pearson PTE Academic 53
- Official transcripts evaluation for international applicants from an approved evaluation service (UST prefers any NACES accredited service or SDR-Houston)
Join us, and start building your future today. Learn more about the Graduate Business School Admissions.
- Priority for scholarship consideration: Aug 31
- The Cameron School of Business will accept applications after the priority deadline until Sept 30.
Application Submission Address
University of St. Thomas
Office of Graduate Admissions, Box #6
3800 Montrose Blvd.
Houston, TX 77006-4626
MCTM Open Houses
We encourage all interested applicants to attend a graduate school open house to learn more about our graduate business programs.
- Wednesday, 6:00pm - 7:30pm RSVP
Location for 8/19:
Texas Medical Center Innovation Institute
John P. Mcgovern Campus
2450 Holcombe Blvd, Suite X
Houston, TX 77021