|Master in Clinical Translation Management|
Clinical translation is the ability to guide health-changing research discovery from the laboratory to its use in medical practice. The Master in Clinical Translation Management degree equips students with critical thinking skills, analytical reasoning abilities and disciplinary knowledge to bring innovative treatments and devices into clinical use. Highlights of the program include:
- Practical experience – work on real-world projects with the Houston Methodist Research Institute researchers developing products for patient care
- Heightened industry behind the scenes exposure to the life science and health care sectors through seminars, meetings, and events in the Texas Medical Center
- Personal development through small classes that encourage collaboration
Houston Methodist Research Institute
Integrated into one of the nation’s finest hospitals, the Houston Methodist Research Institute provides the technology and support needed to effectively and efficiently bring cures through all stages of medical research and to patients around the world. At the Houston Methodist Research Institute, students have:
- Access to a global research collaboration network of multidisciplinary faculty who are experts in the translational research space
- Exposure to translational research strategies and infrastructure that move medical research from concept to cure
- Opportunities to attend seminars and didactic programs offered by Houston Methodist Research Institute in the areas of clinical and translational research
The MCTM program was developed by UST in collaboration with Houston Methodist. This ongoing relationship allows UST to offer students opportunities to observe and practice what they learn in the classroom. The program seeks to educate a new generation of professionals equipped in the multidisciplinary, interdependent worlds of science, medicine, ethics, and business.
The MCTM program requires a minimum of 36 credits, including the successful completion of the Masters’ Capstone class and participation in an integrative seminar that enhances the functionality among traditionally discrete disciplines for the medical practitioner.
- A graduate application form for Admission and Fellowships that includes a personal statement describing career goals (1 page max)
- $35 Application Fee (waived for open house attendees)
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- Work history verification from the applicant’s employee, which should state the title, dates of employment, and duties/responsibilities/accomplishments in the role.
- Official Transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) Official Scores (General Test only) *Waived if the applicant has earned a graduate degree.
- Official Proof of English Proficiency for international applicants: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) 79 ibt, The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) 6.5, or Pearson PTE Academic 53
- Official transcripts evaluation for international applicants from an approved evaluation service (UST prefers any NACES accredited service or SDR-Houston)
Join us, and start building your future today. Learn more about the Graduate Business School Admissions.
Application Submission Address:
University of St. Thomas
Office of Graduate Admissions
3800 Montrose Blvd.
Houston, TX 77006-4626
We encourage all interested applicants to attend a graduate school open house to learn more about our graduate business programs.