The University of St. Thomas is committed to the safety and security of all community members and visitors. The following guidelines offer useful information in the event of an unanticipated threat to safety and security.
Safety Tips & Officer Escort
- University Police Department officers are available to escort students, faculty and staff members to and from offices, classrooms, residence halls and parking upon request, 24 hours a day. Call the University Police Department at 713-525-3888 to request a security escort.
- If you are studying or working on campus after hours, notify the University Police Department. Officers will periodically check on you and arrange an escort to your vehicle, if desired.
- Walk in groups of two or more. There is safety in numbers.
- See more safety tips about personal, vehicle, office and study abroad safety.
- University Police Department call boxes, or Blue Lights, are located all over campus. Check out this map to find the Blue Lights closest to your classes and preferred parking area.
Tip: Program the University Police Department number into your cell phone: 713-525-3888