As classes continue online through the summer sessions, the University of St. Thomas is monitoring and working on all aspects related to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) disease locally, regionally and globally. Let’s help keep UST, all Celts and our family and friends healthy and calm during this season. Take a look at the following resources, and avoid reports that may not be accurate.
A member of the UST community has reported testing positive for COVID-19. As cases continue to climb in the Houston area, there will likely be other reported cases in our community in the months to come. Anyone who is deemed at risk of being exposed will be contacted directly by UST. By working together and carefully following guidelines, we can all do our part to help stop the spread.
??"What To Do If You Are Sick" (CDC) Support Our UST Students Interim Grading Policy
Know the difference between symptoms for cold/flu/allergies/covid-19...
- Not feeling well? Call your doctor: If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider for medical advice. You may also contact the Nurse Health Line for assistance 24/7 at any time at 713-338-7979. See a list of local clinics.
- Texas Department of State Health Services has a dedicated call center to answer your COVID-19 related questions or concerns, and is available 7 days a week from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., at 1-877-570-9779.
- Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990 (for anyone experiencing emotional distress related to COVID-19)
Emotional Support Spiritual Support
If you have travel plans*, we’d appreciate you contacting the UST Health Promotion & Wellness team at email@example.com to let us know.
*If you are planning any travel—on behalf of the University or personally—we strongly encourage you to email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the following:
- Your first and last name
- UST ID#
- Destination of travel outside the Houston Metropolitan area (international or domestic)
- Date of departure
- Date of return to Houston
Visit the Health Promotion & Wellness page for more health resources and info.
Houston Health Department Harris County Public Health CDC Travel Notices
All UST events have been cancelled through the end of July. For more information on the postponement of Commencement, please go to our Commencement page.