University of St. Thomas faculty members have earned reputations for their academic excellence, their commitment to Catholic higher education and their dedication to our students.
Academic Excellence and Student Success
- 94 percent of faculty members have a doctorate or terminal degree, with expertise in hundreds of fields of study.
- Faculty members place the highest priority on student learning and their students’ professional and personal development. Beyond the classroom, many faculty members mentor and sponsor students in community projects, study abroad programs and social entrepreneurial projects, among many other cocurricular programs.
- Faculty members across a range of disciplines hold endowed chairs that enable them to maintain their cutting-edge knowledge and contribute to the body of knowledge in their professional communities. Many are nationally and internationally recognized for their work.
Faculty members are committed to deepening their appreciation and understanding these riches:
- The Catholic Intellectual Tradition
- The principles of Ex Corde Ecclesiae
- Pope John Paul II’s apostolic constitution on Catholic higher education
- The Basilian Fathers’ guiding motto: “Teach me Goodness, Discipline and Knowledge.”
Learn more about our faculty through faculty expert profiles and sample class videos.