The BA/MA Program in the Philosophy Department and Center for Thomistic Studies allows qualified UST philosophy majors (or double majors) to earn a BA and an MA in philosophy in 5 years instead of the standard 6.5. Students receive the BA after completing all requirements for a UST undergraduate degree and the MA after completing all remaining requirements of the BA/MA Program. Students may apply in their junior year.
How to enter the program:
Current University of St. Thomas Philosophy student’s must meet with Master of Arts in Philosophy program director during their junior year to make sure all pre-requisites have been completed to enter the graduate portion of the degree. Once all requirements are met, Philosophy undergraduate students need to complete the UST Graduate Application.
Requirements for admission are as follows:
- At least 18 hours of undergraduate Philosophy
- An undergraduate grade point average in philosophy of at least 3.5 and 3.3 overall GPA
- Successful completion of CLASS 1331- 1332 (Latin) or the equivalent
- Two letters of recommendation from members of the UST philosophy faculty
- Completed graduate application
- GREs are not required
degree plan BA/MA in Philosophy