The Master of Arts in Theological Studies is a 36 credit hour degree program seeking to provide solid academic grounding in the classical theological disciplines of biblical studies, history, systematic moral theology, systematic doctrine and sacramental Theology. The mission of the MAT is to offer a master’s degree that educates graduate students both in the tradition of the Church and her Scriptures as well as the conditions that mark the modern world and effect the Church’s mission. Courses are offered during the day and evening on the UST campus and St. Mary’s Seminary campus.
The MAT degree requires completion of 36 credit hours, including 30 credit hours of required courses and six credit hours of electives. In addition, a 3.0 minimum cumulative GPA is required.
- B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited college or university
- 3.0 minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA
- 18 hours of undergraduate theology and/or philosophy
- Additional requirements for international students
- Online application and $35 application fee
- Official transcripts
- Personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- Interview after file is complete
- Optional: Resume and list of non-credit courses completed in theology, ethics, philosophy, or religious education
|Application Priority Deadlines|
- Fall – July 15
- Spring – December 15
|Application Submission Address|
University of St. Thomas
3800 Montrose Blvd.
Houston, TX 77006