|JD & MBA Joint Degree Program Admissions Requirements|
All Cameron School of Business (CSB) students benefit from small class sizes, individual attention and outstanding access to the Houston business community. Please review the CSB graduate school admissions requirements below and apply now!
Admission to the Cameron School of Business graduate programs is granted to students showing high promise of success. Several academic and professional criteria are considered by the Admissions Committee.
All applicants from the JD/MBA joint program are required to submit the following to UST:
- Online Application
- Application fee of $35 (fee waived if applicant has attended a CSB open house)
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work
- Official transcript from South Texas College of Law Houston
- Official LSAT score
- Current copy of resume
- 3 letters of recommendation from professional or academic sources
Admission to the University of St. Thomas Cameron School of Business Graduate Programs (MBA) requires that students meet the following criteria:
- Students may apply to UST only after their formal acceptance to South Texas College of Law Houston.
- Students must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in any field of study.
- Admission is based on a combination of Law School Admission Test (LSAT) score and undergraduate grade point average (GPA).
- Students must complete sixty (60) credit hours earned at South Texas College of Law Houston before taking core MBA courses at UST.
International applicants must also submit the following:
- Proof of English proficiency: International applicants (except those who are from countries where English is the only official language, those who have earned degrees from regionally-accredited U.S. institutions, or those who have earned degrees in countries where English is the official language of instruction) are required to submit proof of English proficiency. The following options are available to applicants for verification of English proficiency: TOEFL score of at least 79 on the iBT or, an IELTS official score report of at least 6.5, or Level 112 issued by the English Language Center (ELS) in Houston, TX, or a PTE Academic score of 53. Applicants who have earned degrees in the United States are not required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores. In lieu of the test scores, an international applicant may submit an official certificate of completion of the highest level.
Official evaluation of transcripts and diplomas: International applicants must have all transcripts and diplomas evaluated by an accredited evaluation agency. Preferred evaluation agencies are SDR Educational Consultants, World Education Services (WES), and Spantran. Reports must include course-by-course evaluations and grade point average equivalents.
*An application must be submitted and all documents on file by the deadlines posted above.
Apply Now View Admissions Requirements Checklist
Application Submission Address:
University of St. Thomas
Office of Admissions, Box #7
3800 Montrose Blvd.
Houston, TX 77006-4626
After You Are Accepted
Admitted students are required to meet with the Graduate Program Manager to register and obtain information in regards to New Student Graduate Orientation.
Orientation programs for incoming students provide opportunities for students to get to know the University, the faculty and future classmates.
Online resources for UST students include myStThom (register for courses, access grades, financial aid information and pay your bill), Webmail (campus email) and Blackboard (course management resource for students and faculty.)