The Texas Job Fair, one of the biggest in the area, was upcoming, and my intent was to find an opportunity. I met with Shelley from Career Services, and with her help, I made my resume job-fair-ready. There was a list of all the different companies that were going to be at the job fair, and I researched the ones that interested me the most and had some questions ready for them on the day of the fair. All went according to plan, and I am now an Accounting Analyst with Targa Resources and had the opportunity to be on the other side of the table and actually recruited UST students at the Celt Business Job Fair last fall. Zain Hussain, BBA/MBA, Class of 2012.
|Career Events and Workshops|
The University of St. Thomas Career Services Center is active in educating students and providing resources to help guide them through the process of selecting a career and finding a job. Below is an outline of the types of events offered to students.
Check out the UST Connect calendar for a complete list of events and detailed information!
- Aug, 31 - Resume Writing Workshop
- Sept, 13 - Prepare for the Fair/Professional Dress Workshop
- Sept, 21 - Career Fair
- Sept, 28 - Ace Your Interview Workshop
- Oct, 3 - Interview Fest
- Oct, 18 - Communicating in the Workplace
- Oct, 26 - Celt Career Connections
- Oct, 31 - LinkedIn Workshop
- Nov, 2 - Job Offer/Salary Negotiation Workshop
- Nov, 9 - Roundtable Networking Event
- Jan, 30 - Resume Writing Workshop
- Feb, 6 - Volunteering Workshop
- Feb, 8 - Nonprofit Fair & COC Club Fair
- Feb, 15 - Resume Rodeo
- Feb, 22 - Etiquette Dinner
- Feb, 27 - Professional Dress Workshop
- Mar, 20 - Prepare for the Fair Workshop
- Mar, 21 - Prepare for the Fair Workshop
- Apr, 5 - Ace Your Interview Workshop
- Apr, 11 - Job Offer/Salary Negotiation Workshop
View Events Calendar
You can always contact us to see what events we have.